ABOUT SERVLIFE INTERNATIONAL
ServLife International is a Christian nonprofit working in India and Nepal. ServLife seeks to equip God’s people for the work of serving and building up the body of Christ by providing education, equipping and empowerment for churches, children and families in need around the world. ServLife’s small USA staff of four supports the work in India and Nepal through oversight, governance, fundraising, finances, legal and administration. Our office is just north of downtown Indianapolis at 34th and Park.
We invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of pastors, children and families in India and Nepal by serving on our team. Read on to learn more about this role, and visit servlife.org/job-application/ to apply.
The Operations Manager oversees and maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, managing accounting vendors, controlling correspondence, bookkeeping, overseeing and managing part time office staff, interns and volunteers.
- Manage vendor relationships including accounting and printing.
- Maintains and manage office/admin staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees, interns and volunteers.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching and project managing employees, interns and volunteers.
- Work with the Executive Director to establish and maintain a team atmosphere through leadership and employee development.
- Work with the Executive Director on HR including developing organizational procedures and systems for office personnel, including filing, billing, accounts payable, payroll and scheduling.
- Plan and execute events including tracking RSVPs, overseeing vendors, and all administration.
- Oversee administration of Child Sponsorship Program including processing, packing and scanning letters, updating records and notifying sponsors of any changes, etc.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer trip participants including fundraising efforts and tracking funds.
- Contribute to all shared staff projects.
- Engage in staff meetings and planning meetings.
Finance and Legal:
- Oversee, manage, and provide reports for all finances.
- Assist accounting firm with annual Form 990 and Compilation
- File necessary legal documents (990, Business Entity Report, etc)
- Pay bills and reconcile bank account
- Order supplies and equipment as needed.
- Answer phones and respond to voice mails.
- Oversee IT, purchases, janitorial and maintenance contracts.
Thoroughly committed to ServLife’s mission. (Existing donors/volunteers preferred)
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience.
At least 2 years experience in management.
Proven leadership and management experience.
Unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity in all financial matters and personal relationships.
High energy, self-motivated, positive attitude, flexible, team player, attention to detail and high level of initiative.
Strong verbal and written skills.
Demonstrated ability to think strategically and track progress.
Demonstrated ability to project manage tasks and a team.
Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage new donors.
Strong partnership-building and event planning skills.
Possess strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Proficiency in Word, Excel.
Experience with Quickbooks and CRM SAAS preferred.
Ability to multitask and complete tasks.
This position is primarily executed on-site in ServLife’s office at 34th and Park in Indianapolis. Working off-site is allowed occasionally.
This position is 20 hours per week.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position pay range is $20-24/hr depending on the candidate.
5 vacation days, 6 personal days, and 10 holidays per year.
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment and ServLife International may exercise our employment-at-will rights at any time.