ABOUT SERVLIFE INTERNATIONAL
ServLife International is a Christian nonprofit working in India and Nepal. ServLife seeks to equip God’s people for the work of serving and building up the body of Christ by providing education, equipping and empowerment for churches, children and families in need around the world. ServLife’s small USA staff of four supports the work in India and Nepal through oversight, governance, fundraising, finances, legal and administration. Our office is near 96th and Hague Road at 9953 Crosspoint Blvd.
We invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of pastors, children and families in India and Nepal by serving on our team. Read on to learn more about this role, and visit servlife.org/job-application/ to apply.
The Bookkeeper’s primary responsibilities are to manage bookkeeping, reports, and all finances.
- Accurately process all donations from all sources
- Regularly review all purchases and spending and assign to the proper account.
- Review and pay bills weekly.
- Reconcile monthly bank statement at the beginning of each month.
- Run payroll twice a month.
- Timely management of expense reimbursements and disbursement requests including Fiscal Sponsorships.
- Track and follow up with delinquent donors.
- Weekly mailing donor thank you letters and issuing donor receipts
- Generate reports for staff as needed.
- Manage all legal filings in a timely manner.
- Annually assist our Accounting Firm in filing our Form 990.
- Contribute to all shared staff projects.
- Engage in staff meetings and any additional meetings.
- Assist in administrative management as needed.
- The Bookkeeper must be thoroughly committed to ServLife’s mission and have a positive, self-starter attitude. All candidates should have proven financial management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the area of Finance or Business, and/or equivalent prior experience.
- At least 2 years experience in business finance.
- Unwavering commitment to integrity in all financial matters and personal relationships.
- Competent in accounting and administration.
- Proficient in Quickbooks(QB), Excel, Word, and Bloomerang (or related donor management software experience). Will also use FundraiseUp and Stripe.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Update QB with Expenses (Mon & Fri)
- Update Bloomerang with any uncategorized Donations (Mon & Fri)
- Import Check donations into QB (Mon & Fri)
- Import Online Donations into QB (Mon & Fri)
- Send Fiscal Sponsors an Account Balance (Twice a Month)
- Run Account Balance (Fri)
- Pay any bills (Weekly Fri)
- Update Recurring Donation Splits in QB (Monthly)
- Bank Reconciliation (Monthly)
- P&L (Monthly)
- Update 10% Admin Fee for Partners in QB (Monthly)
- Check Past Months Profit and Loss By Class for Previous Month (Monthly)
- File Store Sales Tax (Once in Jan)
- File Certificate for Exemption for ST 103 & 104 (Jan 20th)
- 1099 to vendors (Jan 31st)
- W2 to Employees (Jan31st)
- 1099 & 1096 due to IRS (Feb 28th)
- T-20NP – UBIT estimated tax (May 15th, try and file by Apr 15th)
- Update Fundraising Goal Tracking Document (Monthly)
- Update Projected Revenue w/ actuals (Monthly)
- Quarterly Board Document Report (Qtr)
This position is primarily executed on-site in ServLife’s office at 9953 Crosspoint Blvd in Indianapolis. Working off-site is allowed occasionally.
This position is 15-20 hours per week.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position pay range is $18-22/hr depending on the candidate.
5 vacation days, 6 personal days, and 10 holidays per year (if working 20 hours/week average).
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment and ServLife International may exercise our employment-at-will rights at any time.