We currently have one current job opening.
Title: Video Intern
Employment Type: Ten weeks the summer of 2014
Reports to: Executive Director of ServLife International, Inc.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2015
Based at: Kathmandu, Nepal
ServLife is looking for a motivated and experienced Video Intern to shoot, edit and produce field videos of pastors, churches, children and children’s homes, and families in micro-finance, delivering videos that are properly formatted for final web deployment.
The position is unpaid. Interns may fundraise their expenses through their church and individual supporters. Since ServLife is a non-profit charitable organization, U.S. tax payers can receive a tax-deductible receipt from ServLife when they donate funds to support a ServLife intern. The estimated cost of flights and living expenses for 10 weeks is $6,000. The intern will live on a supplied flat/room in Kathmandu. This position offers a great opportunity to mature as a cameraman, video editor, strengthen your portfolio, and gain significant experience. All interns receive a letter of recommendation. Servlife is also happy to complete any documents necessary for the intern to receive college credit.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Travel in Kathmandu, West Nepal and North India to produce videos profiling pastors, churches, children, children’s homes, schools and micro-finance families.
- Edit raw video footage into short promotional videos.
- Produce and manage video shoots.
- Audio production and editing of on-camera interviews, voiceovers and music.
- A passion for international missions and the mission of ServLife International.
- Excellent storyboarding and narrative skills.
- Proficiency in video editing software (FCPX, Adobe Effects, etc)
- Ability to communicate well and troubleshoot on the fly.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, patience and flexibility.
- High energy, self motivated, positive attitude, flexible, team player, attention to detail and high level of initiative.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.